Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Guess the Song Challege

Guess the Song Challenge - a fun game to do with friends, your kids,  or even your partner.



What's happening, readers! I hope y'all are doing good during this odd time. Things finally seem to be looking up for most of us but many parents are still having to struggle with entertaining their kids at home during this lockdown.

Well, today, I found something fun that I wanted to share with everyone. Check out Guess the Song Challenges on Youtube.

Guess the Song Challenges

I stumbled onto these challenges by chance today when I was looking up some songs from my youth, you know back when music was still good, and seeing how many songs my daughter knew.



I'm proud to say I've raised her well enough that she correctly identified Korn, Green Day, and Nirvana! Among many others.

So with these challenges, you listen to a short clip and then you have a certain amount of time to guess the song to get a point. Get double points if you guess the singer and song title. Single point for just the artist.

Pick Your Tastes

I loved checking out the 80's, 90's, and 2000's challenges. I got most of them right. There were a few I didn't know but I'll forgive myself because they weren't very good songs. LOL.

If you have children who enjoy modern pop music, challenge them to a game of Guess that Song or What are the Lyrics? 

My children and I had a blast singing and dancing around our living room. They got plenty of exercise. I got to show them GOOD music. And everyone actually got along! Shocking, to say the least.

Walt Disney 

Got younger kids? There are plenty of Disney editions of Guess that Song. My kid stomped my butt in one but I redeemed myself the second round.

Make It Competitive

If you want a fun twist to this game, make it a drinking game. Adults only, of course. For every song you don't know, you have to take a shot. Or perhaps a sip of beer since some of these lists have a lot of songs on them. 

You'd be wasted after the first video if you don't know your stuff. 

I've linked to a few of my favorites and I'm thinking about making a few of my own if I ever get the time. Keep dreaming, I know. 

Be sure to check out my YouTube channel if you don't already subscribe. I haven't got much on there yet but I link to all the videos I include in this blog, as well as fun songs I love to listen to. 

Hopefully, in a few days, I'll have a few videos uploaded of my kids participating in the Guess that Song Challenges. 

Chat with Me

Know a fun challenge I might enjoy? Share it in the comments. Or tag me in social media. I love getting fan mail and interacting with my readers. Don't be shy. You can even share your own Guess that Song Challenge with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment